ICLS is seeking a highly-qualified individual to fill a position as Evaluation Specialist II for our contract with the Foreign Service Institute’s School of Language Studies.
The Quality Management (QM) Coordinator for Testing is responsible for developing and coordinating quality assurance and control processes in the Language Testing Unit (LTU). As a testing and measurement expert, the QM Coordinator collects and analyzes test score data to gather evidence of test validity and reliability, advising the LTU accordingly on impact factors, such as rater training, testing procedures and the design and development of new tests, as needed. The QM Coordinator carries out his/her responsibilities under the guidance of the Division Director, in consultation with the Heads of Training and Operation, and with the support of the QM team.
- Design, implement and coordinate a comprehensive quality management program for the Language Testing Unit.
- Organize and improve test data reporting and analysis to track in-house testing trends and vendor performance on outsourced tests.
- Coordinate test review processes, including responses to test review requests and mediation in cases of test score discrepancies.
- Coordinate testing materials development and refresh.
- Coordinate and conduct validity and reliability studies.
- Assess the need to update test procedures and propose initiatives when appropriate.
- Advise on and draft policies and guidelines related to testing processes and procedures.
- Support School-wide initiatives related to testing and assessment.
- MA/MS or Ph.D. or foreign equivalent degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in evaluation design and delivery in an educational context and/or a minimum of five (5) years of experience using qualitative and quantitative methods in social science research
- Native or near-native proficiency in English
- Ability to speak and write clearly on topics related to evaluation
- Experience managing the design and implementation of comprehensive organizational systems preferred
- Experience teaching or researching adult learners of foreign languages preferred
If interested please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org