The Coordinator, Foreign Language Division is responsible for scheduling and administering all official and mock testing within the Foreign Language Division. The Coordinator also provides assistance to the Foreign Language Division Director in the implementation of language training, program policies, coordination of training schedules, student services, professional development trainings, oversight of curriculum development projects, and communicates matters affecting the Foreign Language Division to the Director and other staff members.
Testing Duties Include:
- Correspond with prospective examinees and testers to schedule language tests
- Recruit language testers
- Serve as examiner for official language proficiency testing in speaking, listening and reading. Interact with the examinee in English to direct and administer the exam. Work with the tester to determine the selection and/or preparation of the reading test materials.
- Schedule and administer mock tests for onsite classes
- Schedule and proctor OPIc exams
- Collaborate with language testers in the development of new reading kits to be used in face-to-face and distance learning exams.
- Adhere to all guidelines and follow all procedures regarding testing material security and safeguarding of score data
- Provide professional development workshops for new tester recruits
Language Training Supervisor Duties Include:
- Coordinate schedules for foreign language classes
- Recruit prospective teachers for resident, off-site and distance learning programs.
- Conduct class observations and student & teacher counseling
- Meet daily with the Director of the FL Division and provide her with a thorough briefing on program operations
- Assist in special projects and proposal development
- Minimum of two years’ experience administering FSI-style testing
- Minimum of five years’ experience teaching foreign language to adults on an intensive basis Minimum of five years’ experience preparing students for FSI-style testing
- Bachelor’s degree in teaching, linguistics, or a related field
- Minimum ILR 4/5 level of proficiency in at least one foreign language (Spanish or French preferred)
- Minimum of ILR 3 English proficiency
- Adept at interacting daily with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of employees and clients
- Ability to take direction, solicit and receive feedback, and implement recommendations
- Strong attention to detail, ability to work well under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including SharePoint
- Master’s degree in second language acquisition, teaching a foreign language or linguistics
- Supervisory experience in a military, government, or higher education training environment
All applicants must include a cover letter highlighting background and experience to be considered.
No phone calls please.
If interested please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org