The Coordinator of Foreign Language is responsible for the day-to-day oversight of a language training portfolio including but not limited to Slavic, Germanic and North Germanic Languages within the Foreign Language Division. The Coordinator provides assistance to the Foreign Language Division Director in the implementation of language training, program policies, coordination of training schedules, student services, professional development trainings, oversight of curriculum development projects, and communicates matters affecting the Foreign Language Division to the Director and other staff members.
Coordinator Duties include:
- Collaborate with Foreign Language Division Team to support daily management of language training classes
- Coordinate schedules for language classes
- Recruit prospective teachers for language classes
- Provide specific information about foreign language programs and policies
- Observe classes to evaluate processes, effectiveness of classroom instruction, and monitor student progress.
- Conduct student & teacher counseling
- Create and review course syllabi and research and evaluate new materials
- Distribute syllabi and training materials
- Provide new student and teacher orientations
- Maintain and update databases
- Meet daily with the Director of the FL Division and provide her with a thorough briefing on program operations.
- Assist with special projects and proposal development
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in Teaching a Foreign Language, Linguistics and or Second Language Acquisition or related field
- Near-native proficiency in one or more Slavic, Germanic, or North Germanic Language
- 5 years of full-time experience teaching adults a foreign language
- Supervisory experience in a language training environment
- Experience providing student services and counseling
- Exceptional Microsoft Office Word Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint proficiency
- Native or near-native English proficiency
- Knowledge of ILR Proficiency scale and the DLPT/OPI language proficiency tests
- Knowledge of principles of second language acquisition (SLA) and adult learning principles
- Proven ability to interact daily with a culturally and linguistically diverse population of employees and clients
- Ability to take direction, solicit and receive feedback, and implement recommendations into work product
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, and meet strict deadlines
- Effective time management skills and proactivity in establishing goals
- Knowledge of latest teaching technologies and applications and demonstrated experience using technology in the classroom
All applicants must include a cover letter highlighting background and experience to be considered.
No phone calls please.
If interested please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com